The head of the Department of Acoustic and Multimedia Electronic Systems: Dr. Sc. (Eng.), Professor Serhii Naida, tel. +380 (44) 204 9072
The department was founded in 1936 under the name of Acoustics and Acoustic Electronics. In 2020, the name of the department was changed to Acoustic and Multimedia Electronic Systems as a result of the addition of the Department of Audio Engineering and Information Registration.
The Department of Acoustic and Multimedia Electronic Systems offers a curriculum leading to a bachelor’s and master’s (professional) degree in “Acoustic electronic system and technologies of acoustic information processing” and “Electronic systems of multimedia and internet of things technology”; master’s (science) and PhD degree in “Electronics”.
The educational directions of “Acoustic electronic system and technologies of acoustic information processing” are:
- Methods and means of computer processing of acoustic signals
- Methods and technical means of acoustic non-destructive testing
- Medical acoustics
- Acoustics of spaces and acoustic monitoring
The educational directions of “Electronic systems of multimedia and internet of things technology” are:
- Tools and technologies for creating and processing visual content for the film industry
- Technologies and means of sound recording and fundamentals of sound engineering
- Electronic systems of television and multimedia
- Systems and technologies of distribution of multimedia content
To ensure the comprehensive training of specialists, the AMES department has created certificate programs within the framework of the dual form of obtaining a higher education:
- jointly with Ajax Systems: “Electronic security systems and Internet of Things” certificate program for bachelors, “Software and hardware complexes for the protection of premises” certificate program for masters. The first successful graduation of masters under the specified certificate program already took place in December 2022;
- jointly with the State Academic Orchestra “Olexander Fokin Radio Band” for masters certificate program “Audio production”, the first issue of which took place in 2021.
The department’s staff conducts researches into the following directions:
- researches on the music and language sound in a room, development of modern design methods for the sound amplifying systems in rooms with the help of computer modeling;
- researches on the sound signals digital processing and its implementation in musical acoustics;
- researches on the sound waves diffusion and diffraction through biotissues to improve medical diagnostic equipment;
- development of the new medical ultrasonic, sonic, and infrasonic devices, and devices for the other implementation;
theoretical researches in the field of diffusion and diffraction of resilient waves;
- application of Internet of Things technologies for the design of acoustic and multimedia electronic systems.
The department carries out researches and projects ordered by state and private institutions.